Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crazy Weather....

As most of you have probably heard that our lovely town of Fargo is preparing for a flood... It has been crazy around here. It is amazing how fast the water has come up in the fields on my way to work and the river too. Early this week we got rain and now we are getting all of this snow, which is not helping the flooding situation. We are hoping that it doesnt' get as bad as they say that it is suppose to. I have some pictures of the water that I will post when I get home, that is if I am able to get there... I am just hoping that the water stays down enough for me to get home. I sure dont' want to have to be stuck away from my two guys for a long time. There is talk about closing down the City of Harwood, which is where the bank I work at is located. They did that in 97 and it sounded like the City was blocked for around Three Weeks. I am not looking forward to having to miss work, I know you think that I am crazy... I have to use my vacation time when I miss work do to flood waters, and I really don't want to have to use my vac days or sick days, just in case I need them later on in the year. I want to be able to attend all the weddings that we have this year and still be able to attend family holidays. So yea, just hope that it only lasts for a day or two if I have to miss work. McCoy was a little scared when he started hearing about flooding he was worried that something was going to happen to us. We have told him that the worst that could happen is we get couped up in the apartment for a few days or that I might get stuck at work. He was sad about that, because he is worried that I won't be home for it birthday on Wednesday and that he wont' be able to open his presents from us. I told him that Casey would let him open them up. He was ok with that, but they is got upset because he wouldn't be able to tell me Thank you! Poor little guy. He was just born at the wrong time of the year.

Hopefully the weather holds out and we can get out of town for Easter. We are planning on going to Minot to spend Easter with Casey's mom Eileen and The rest of the family. We are looking forward to go home, since we havn't been there since New Years.

That is about all I have for now. I will post some pictures when I get home.

No comments: